We asked our employees what they thought our values should be and how we should behave. This enabled us to develop a set of values and behaviours for our organisation.
Our values and behaviours are at the heart of everything we do and are key to the delivery of our ambition for Southend. They help us to create a working environment in which staff can work together to deliver outstanding services. We want people who will share our values and display the right behaviours to ensure that we are working collaboratively, flexibly and responsibly to achieve our goals.
Our values drive the way we influence others, how we talk to each other, how we work together to achieve outcomes and how we behave:
- Inclusive – We put people at the heart of what we do
- Collaborative – We work together
- Proud – We are proud to make lives better
- Honest – We are honest, fair and accountable
Our behaviours are about how we conduct ourselves. They demonstrate how we expect people to treat others, how we expect to be treated and the way we should react to others and our environment:
- Driving positive change
- Trust and respect
- Demonstrating strong leadership
- Acting with integrity and behaving responsibly
- Building relationships to work well together